Examples of Parkside GREEN Initiatives that Engage the Community:
Chair: Susan Pourian
Vice-Chair: Joe Susick
Secretary: Thomas Bauer
Parkside GREEN explores ways to introduce Green initiatives at Parkside and encourages participation in these initiatives.
Parkside Green Meetings
- Developing a Community Garden (Located in Section V)
- Advising on Recycling and Waste Disposal
- Exploring Renewable Energy Options
- Proposing Stormwater RainScape Solutions
- Disseminating Tips for Green Living
- Developing a Tree Tour and Labeling Trees at Parkside
- Organizing regular Litter Walks (see below)
- Coordinating Rock Creek Conservancy & Montgomery County Parks Cleanups along Beach Drive and Stream
- Encouraging Composting Participation
- Conducting Other Activities Related to the Environment and Green Living at Parkside
are held the second Tuesday of each month at 7:00 PM in the South Clubhouse. Meetings are open to all.
Community Litter Walks are held one to three times a month, typically on Saturday mornings; participants meet at the condo office parking lot, and starting times vary from 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM depending on the season.
For more information on the Litter Walk Schedule or other Parkside GREEN initiatives, or to share your ideas/interest in Parkside GREEN, email Susan Pourian at ParksideGreenBethesda@gmail.com
Parkside GREEN meets on the second Tuesday of the month.